The Queen unveiled the restored Coat of Arms at a special ceremony, attended by a number of local dignitaries and representatives of the local community. The choirs of St Peter’s Church and the Berkhamsted school sang a short programme of choral pieces in the presence of Her Majesty, including Vivaldi’s Gloria and Henry Wood’s O Thou the Central Orb. A beautiful new work, O Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem, composed specially for the occasion by St Peter’s Director of Music, Adrian Davis, was also sung. The event was a occasion of great celebration and a tremendous honour for the whole town. The Queen then went on to visit the Berkhamsted School for a celebration of their 475th anniversary. Berkhamsted School was founded in 1541 by Dean Incent, a member of the Berkhamsted Parish who was Dean of St Paul’s Cathedral 1540-45.
We are grateful to Adam Hollier Photography for these photos
© Adam Hollier 2016
These photos may not be reproduced without permission; to request high-quality copies, please contact Adam Hollier:
Tel: 07801 414732