- This event has passed.
BerkoFest Book Festival (in Town Hall and Rectory Lane Cemetery)
We have a great line-up of authors and activities in the Cemetery as part of the inaugural BerkoFest Book Festival – a true family event.
In the Cemetery programme for children we have:
- Gravedigger stories from the Cemetery’s very own Mr and Mrs Ghost
- Beetle Boy author MG Leonard reading from her award-winning book and opening our super new Bug Hotel
- Carnegie Medal-winning children’s author of Whispers in the Graveyard Theresa Breslin launching our children’s writing competition
- Author and illustrator of My Mum’s a Bug-Eyed Monster Andy Rigden and Jim Landen with their interactive design-a-monster session
- For adventure story fans, Brightstorm and Wildspark author Vashti Hardy
- Readings by the authors of Little Spirit, The Bluebell Wood, Spangle and Man from the Ice along with writing tips
- Nature storywalks around the three-acre Cemetery
For adults we have:
- Historical novelist Katharine McMahon interviewed by Berkhamsted Local History and Museum secretary, researcher and author Janice Boakes, about her books The Hour of Separation and The Crimson Room which link to the wars and to
- Creative Writing session with tutor Linda Dawe: Spirit of Place – Exploring the Cemetery by Senses
- D.I.Y. literary figures tour of the Cemetery
- Publications about the Cemetery and books about those who fell in the wars
- Display and information about our proposed Read in Peace seat installation and other landscaping works planned for 2019 and 2020
- Book signings and sales
Simultaneously, the Town Hall have a great programme of children’s sessions, adult fiction authors and non-fiction writers (sport, cooking, wine, photography, family self-care and so on), plus the opportunity to get your antique books valued by a specialist.
Tickets (which cover both venues) are available here
A detailed schedule of sessions will be available before the day on www.berkofest.com